OFFICIAL OFFICE OF RECTORÍA N ° 11
La Serena, November 26 of 2019.
Dear ULS Community:
Continuing with the policy of keeping you informed, I would like to announce that on Monday, November 25 of November, the Special Session No. 9 of the Academic Council was held.
The Vice-Rectors, Directors, Deans, Counselors, Presidents of the AF Academic Associations, AF Officials and the Acting President of the FEULS attended this Council.
The central theme of the meeting was the analysis of the effect on the income of this period, product of the country contingency, in addition to knowing the basis for the 2020 budget and the Presentation of the Petitioners of the Association of AF Officials and the Association of Academics AF
During the session of the Academic Council, the financial situation of the Institution related to the effects of the social movement on the university was analyzed, to close the 2019 budget execution.
Regarding the beginning of the study of the 2020 budget, the procedure, as in previous years, considers that the initial proposal is prepared by the Triennial Commission of the Academic Council, so that it will then proceed to the analysis of the Council.
In this regard, and in general terms, the Finance Director Mg. José Ojeda Cossio, told the Council that the following should be kept in mind:
- Address the issue of the value of 2020 tariffs, which constitutes a vital institutional financing source. Resetting to the CPI means only updating values. For several years, a specific formula of "adjustment" of tariffs and basic fee associated with the value of the CPI for old students and readjustment of the public sector for new students has been applied.
- Note that the tariff values must be informed to SIES, by law, until the 29 of November of this year. If this does not occur, the tariff values of the 2019 would be retained.
- From the social movement, less income has been generated in the institution, which is related, in the main, with the direct payments that the students make in cash as a fee and with the money obtained from the University Credit Fund , since, not yet signing the promissory note by the students, the money from the Credit Fund has not entered the 2019 budget.
- Of the two petitions, both academic and non-academic, there are issues that depend on the 2020 budget and the closing of the 2019 year; among them, the readjustment of the public sector requested by academics and the 10% readjustment requested by non-academic officials.
- The general principles for the preparation of the Institutional Budget are: Financial Balance, Labor Stability and Investment in Irredeemable Quality. This has meant that for some years the readjustment of the operating budgets of the units (departments, faculties, etc.), has been minor - a fact that has already been manifested by certain managers and department directors -, and it would be necessary to have present this in the budget formulation 2020.
On the other hand, during the session of the Academic Council, the petitioners were read and opinions expressed by the attendees.
Regarding the Petition of the Association of AFULS Officials, there is a preliminary agreed consensus in the session of the Working Table that was held yesterday in the morning, a meeting that was scheduled during the filing of the petition on November 22.
In relation to the request of the Association of Academics AF, a meeting was held for today, November 26, to plan the work to be carried out.
Finally, the following was concluded at the Academic Council session:
- Convene the Triennial Commission of the Council to generate an initial proposal of Budget 2020, as a basis for the analysis of the Academic Council.
- Cite the Academic Council for an extraordinary session during the current week for the definition of tariffs and meet the deadline for delivering this information to the SIES.
The petitions submitted by the Association of AFULS Officials and the Association of Academics AF are attached to this communiqué
He greets you with attention,
Dr. Nibaldo Avilés Pizarro