Doctorate in Food Engineering and Bioprocesses
Faculty of Engineering - Department of Food Engineering - Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Train researchers of the highest level, who are leaders capable of carrying out original and independent research and higher education, aimed at developing and applying practical and innovative solutions, by training graduates with specialized knowledge in the area of Food and Bioprocess Engineering.
The graduate of Doctorate in Food and Bioprocess Engineering will be qualified for:
- Formulate and manage basic and applied research projects, with a multidisciplinary and innovative perspective, oriented to the development and generation of products and production processes, as well as goods and services in areas and disciplines associated with Food Engineering and Bioprocesses.
- Identify, formulate and solve problems related to food and bioprocess science and engineering, in an efficient, precise and timely manner.
- Autonomously carry out original research in its own fields.
- Incorporate and articulate effectively in the public, business and service sectors, and serve as a driving force for the development and technological innovation of these sectors.
- Serve as a link between the productive sector and the academic sector.
- Integrate and lead interdisciplinary working groups in their field.
- Formulate and solve problems in an innovative and flexible way, generate new questions, quickly identify effective solution methodologies, propose appropriate hypotheses, and develop the search for answers through the rigorous application of the general scientific method, to obtain the required results in specific situations.
- Practice teaching in the field of higher education, either in Universities, Professional Institutes or Technical Training Centers, in the field of their competence.
Courses, Seminars and Workshops, Students must complete a total of seven compulsory courses and a minimum of three elective courses. Special courses are contemplated with guest lecturers, a Thesis Project with Qualification Exam, an Advance Exam, to conclude with the defense of a Doctoral Thesis.
Duration: Eight semesters
- Start of applications: August 01, 2020.
- Closure of applications: October 30, 2020.
- Delivery of results: First half of November.
- Start of the Program: March of 2021.
Program Director: Dr. Vilbett Briones Labarca
Phones: + 56 51 2 204446 | + 56 51 2 204455
Accreditation: CNA-Chile Accredited Program for 3 years, June 2020 - June 2023.
See Curricular Mesh