The University Radio of the University of La Serena was born on the 26 of August 1963 of the effort of academics and students of the then Technical State University (UTE). In its beginnings, it transmitted in Modulated Amplitude (CA-144) from the buildings of the mechanics workshops located in Anfión Muñoz street, in the regional capital.
In the year 1986, the radio station records two important milestones: its current name is officially established and it begins to be transmitted on the 94.5 of the Modulated Frequency dial. Meanwhile, from the 22 of March of the year 2006, it officially does it through the online signal, which allows to move from a radio with local coverage (mainly the communes of La Serena and Coquimbo) to a global one.
FM University Radio is characterized by being a medium with select music programming, of an institutional nature and, unlike its origins, with a continuous transmission the 24 hours of the day, the 365 days of the year.
Historically, the purpose of the radio station of the University of La Serena has been to link the institution with the community, through the dissemination and information of institutional activities and news, as well as the promotion of arts and musical expressions .
|Address: Av. Raúl Bitrán Nº 1305. Andrés Bello Campus.|
|Phone-Fax: 51 2 204354 - 51 2 204592|